This privacy statement describes how Generic Giant collects and uses the personal information you provide on Walmart.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information We collect the following personal information from you:
- *Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- *Billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address
- * Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- *Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences
- *Information about your business such as company name, company size, business type
- *Demographic information such as age, education, gender, interests and zip code As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to:
- *Fulfill your order
- *Send you an order confirmation
- *Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- *Send you requested product or service information
- *Send product updates or warranty information
- *Respond to customer service requests
- *Administer your account Information Obtained from Third Parties We obtain address information about you from third party sources, such as the US Postal Service, to verify your address so we can properly ship your order to you and to prevent fraud.
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us. Information Sharing We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We may also disclose your personal information
- *As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- *When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. Security The security of your personal information is important to us.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.